Reviewing a manuscript written by a fellow scientist is a privilege. However, it is a time-consuming responsibility. Hence, MEJC’s editorial board, authors, and audiences appreciate your willingness to accept this responsibility and your dedication. MEJC adheres to a double-blind peer-review process that is rapid, fair, and ensures a high quality of articles published. In so doing, MEJC needs reviewers who can provide insightful and helpful comments on submitted manuscripts with a turnaround time of about 6 weeks. Maintaining MEJC as a scientific journal of high quality depends on reviewers with a high level of expertise and an ability to be objective, fair, and insightful in their evaluation of manuscripts.
If MEJC’s Editor-in-Chief has invited you to review a manuscript, please consider the following:
- Reviewing manuscript critically but constructively and preparing detailed comments about the manuscript to help authors improve their work.
- Reviewing multiple versions of a manuscript as necessary.
- Providing all required information within established deadlines.
- Making recommendations to the editor regarding the suitability of the manuscript for publication in the journal.
- Declaring to the editor any potential conflicts of interest with respect to the authors or the content of a manuscript they are asked to review.
- Reporting possible research misconducts.
- Suggesting alternative reviewers in case they cannot review the manuscript for any reasons.
- Treating the manuscript as a confidential document.
- Not making any use of the work described in the manuscript.
- Not communicating directly with authors, if somehow they identify the authors.
- Not identifying themselves to authors.
- Not passing on the assigned manuscript to another reviewer.
- Ensuring that the manuscript is of high quality and original work.
- Informing the editor if he/she finds the assigned manuscript is under consideration in any other publication to his/her knowledge.
- Writing review report in English only.
- Authoring a commentary for publication related to the reviewed manuscript.
What should be checked while reviewing a manuscript?
- Scientific reliability
- Valuable contribution to the science
- Adding new aspects to the existed field of study
- Ethical aspects
- Structure of the article submitted and its relevance to authors’ guidelines
- References provided to substantiate the content
- Grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Scientific misconduct
|Hossein Abdolrahimzadeh Fard||Surgery|
|E Aflaki||Internal Medicine|
|Niloofar Ahmadloo||Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran|
|majid akrami||Department of Surgery, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran|
|Mohammad Hossein Anbardar||Pathology|
|Mansour Ansari||Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran|
|Alireza Ansari Moghadam||Epidemiology|
|Mohammad Javad Ashraf|
|Armin Attaranzadeh||Mashhad University of Medical Sciences|
|Faegheh Baha'addini Beigi||Cancer Treatment||Pharmacology|
|Mohammadreza Bordbar||Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran|
|M Ali Davarpanah||Infectious disease|
|Mehdi Dehghani||Department of Hematology Oncology, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran|
|Amir Reza Dehghanian|
|Mohammad Javad Fattahi||Cancer Immunology||Shiraz Institute for Cancer Research , School of Medicine, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran|
|Parvin Ghaffari||Cancer Treatment||Yasuj university of Medical Sciences|
|Leila Ghahramani||Colorectal Research Center, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran|
|Shirin Haghighat||Hematology Department|
|Masoumeh Hashemi||Gynecology Department|
|Maryam Hazrati||Nursing Department|
|Seyyed Vahid Hosseini||Surgery|
|Kamyar Iravani||otolaryngology research center,department of otolaryngology,Shiraz University of Medical Sciences,Shiraz,Iran|
|Behrouz Khiabani Tanha|
|Kamran Lankarani||Health Policy Research Center, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran|
|Maryam Mardani||Department of Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran|
|Seyyed Jalil Masoumi|
|Fereshteh Mehdipour||Shiraz Institute for Cancer Research|
|Mohammad Mohammadianpanah||Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran|
|Pooneh Mokarram||Department of biochemistry, Shiraz University of Medical sciences|
|Maral Mokhtari||Department of Pathology, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran|
|Ahmad Monabati||Department of Pathology, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran|
|Fatemeh Sadat Najib||Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran|
|Hamid Nasrollahi||Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran|
|Shapour Omidvari||hiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran|
|Vahid Razban||Molecular Medicine|
|Alireza Rezaee||Breast Diseases Research Center|
|Abbas Rezaianzadeh||Epidemiology Department, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran|
|Massoud Saidijam||Research Center for Molecular Medicine, Department of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, Hamadan University of Medical Sciences, Hamadan, Iran|
|Eman Salah Eldin||Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Sohag University, Sohag, Egypt.|
|Fatemeh Sari Aslani||Molecular Dermatology Research Center, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran|
|SeyedJavad SeyedToutounchi||Cancer Treatment||Imam Reza Hospital of Tabriz Shams Hospital of Tabriz|
|Parin Shah||Medical Melnaoma, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center|
|Mahdi Shahriari||Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran|
|Babak Shiraziyeganeh||Cancer Diagnosis||Pathology department,Shiraz University of Medical Sciences,Shiraz,Iran|
|Mansoureh Shokripour||Pathology Department|
|Neda Soleimani||Shiraz university of medical sciences|
|Mohammad Bagher Tabei||Genetics|
|Sedigheh Tahmasebi||Department of Surgery, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran|
|Abdolrasoul Talei||Department of Surgery, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran|
|rohollah Valizadeh||Cancer Epidemiology||Department of Epidemiology, Iran University of Medical Sciences|
|shahryar zeighami||Department of Urology, Uro-oncology Ward, Imam Khomeini Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran|
|Omid Zekavat||Cancer Treatment||Hematology Research Center, Shiraz University of Medical Science , Shiraz ,Iran|