Document Type : Case Report
Cutaneous Leishmaniasis Research Center, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
Student Research Committee, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
Sebaceous carcinoma is a rare and invasive tumor that originates from the Zeis and Meibomian glands around the eyes as well as in sebaceous glands in other head and neck areas and less commonly on the trunk. We report an 82-year-old Iranian man with a sebaceous carcinoma on the left external ear that was successfully treated with radiotherapy.
This article has been accepted for publication and undergone full peer review but has not been through the copyediting, typesetting, pagination, and proofreading process, which may lead to differences between this version and the Version of Record. Please cite this article as doi:10.30476/mejc.2022.92830.1667
- Timothy H. McCalmont, Laura B. Adnexal neoplasms. In: Bolognia Je, schaffer Ju, Cerroni Lo. Dermatology of Bolognia. 5th ed. Elsevier: Amsterdam; 2018.p.1943.
- Yuksel ME, Tamer F. Sebaceous carcinoma of the forehead: Case report. Dermatol Online J. 2016;7(2):185-7. doi:10.7241/ourd.20162.50.
- Prieto-Granada C, Rodriguez-Waitkus P. Sebaceous carcinoma of the eyelid. Cancer Control. 2016;23(2):126-32. doi: 10.1177/107327481602300206.
- Sen R, Gupta S, Sangwaiya A, Verma R, Sharma J, Gupta V. Extra-ocular sebaceous carcinoma: Rare skin adnexal tumor. Clin Cancer Invest J. 2014;3(5):435-7. doi: 10.4103/2278-0513.138082.
- Alzaraa A, Ghafoor I, Yates A, Dhebri A. Sebaceous carcinoma of the skin of the breast: a case report. J Med Case Reports. 2008;2:276. doi:10.1186/1752-1947-2-276.
- Saadi R, Pennock M, Baker A, Isildak H. A case of external auditory canal sebaceous carcinoma: Literature review and treatment discussion. Biomed Hub. 2020;5(2):72-8. doi: 10.1159/000508058.
- Al Khader A, Nsour E, Hiari A. Sebaceous carcinoma in situ of the external auditory canal. Otol Neurotol. 2020;41(6):e765-e766. doi: 10.1097/MAO.0000000000002687.
- Lee SH, Jung YH, Yoo JY, Park HJ. A case report of recurrent metastatic sebaceous carcinoma which showed favorable response Tt non-fluorouracil based chemotherapy. Am J Case Rep. 2018;19:1192-6. doi: 10.12659/AJCR.912552.