Document Type : Case Report
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Birjand University of Medical Sciences, Birjand, Iran
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hormozgan University of Medical Sciences, Bandarabbas, Iran
Malignant mixed mullerian tumors (MMMT) are infrequent and highly malignant tumors. MMMTs, emerging from the uterine cervix, are very rare and to the best of our knowledge, there are no specific symptoms for the diagnosis of MMMTs whose early diagnosis is challenging. Almost all of them are diagnosed with pathological tests and reports. A 52-year-old post-menopause woman was referred to us, who suffered from postmenopausal bleeding from four months earlier. Upon pelvic examination, the position of the biopsy was identified in the anterior lip of the cervix. In former fractional dilatation and curettage, we found a pathology report with MMMT in the anterior lip of cervix. We performed a radical hysterectomy type II. In the permanent pathological report, MMMTs stage IBI was established. The patient was followed by chemoradiation. After 20 months, examination showed no evidence of recurrence.
How to cite this article:
Jahani N, Hasanzadeh M, Azad A. Malignant mixed Mullerian tumor of the uterine cervix: A case reporT. Middle East J Cancer. 2023;14(1):184-7. doi: 10.30476/mejc.2022.91269.1616.
- Zhang Q, Liu A, Wu JJ, Niu M, Zhao Y, Tian SF, et al. Primary malignant mixed Müllerian tumors of the fallopian tube with cervix metastasis: A rare case report and literature review. Medicine (Baltimore). 2018;97(28):e11311. doi: 10.1097/MD.00000000 00011311.
- Shim JJ, Jae CS, Hye KL, Kyoung EL, Ghi JL, Ho KK, et al. Malignant mixed Mullerian tumor arising from the uterine cervix: A case report. J Korean Soc Radiol. 2012;67(4):263-7. doi: 10.0000/jksr. 2012.67.4.263.
- Massinde AN, Rumanyika RR, Kihunrwa A, Rambau P, Magoma M. Malignant mixed Mullerian tumour of the prolapsed cervix: A case report. Tanzan J Health Res. 2012;14(2):158-61. doi: 10.4314/thrb.v14i2.10.
- Munakata S, Iwai E, Tanaka T, Nakamura M, Kanda T. Malignant müllerian mixed tumor of the uterine cervix with a small cell neuroendocrine carcinoma component. Case Rep Pathol. 2013;2013:630859. doi: 10.1155/2013/630859.
- Grayson W, Taylor LF, Cooper K. Carcinosarcoma of the uterine cervix: a report of eight cases with immunohistochemical analysis and evaluation of human papillomavirus status. Am J Surg Pathol. 2001;25(3): 338-47. doi: 10.1097/00000478-200103000-00008.
- Wright JD, Rosenblum K, Huettner PC, Mutch DG, Rader JS, Powell MA, et al. Cervical sarcomas: an analysis of incidence and outcome. Gynecol Oncol. 2005;99(2):348-51. doi: 10.1016/j.ygyno.2005.06.021.
- Kudela E, Slavik P, Visnovsky J, Buocik P, Sivakova J, Sumichrastova P, et al. Malignant mixed Mullerian tumor of the cervix - Case report. Cancer Treatment Communications. 2014;2(1):12-5. doi: 10.1016/j.ctrc. 2014.02.001.
- Maheshwari A, Gupta S, Shet T, Wuntkal R, Tongaonkar HB. Diagnostic dilemma in a case of malignant mixed mullerian tumor of the cervix. World J Surg Oncol. 2006;4:36. doi: 10.1186/1477-7819-4- 36.