2. Ferlay J, Soerjomataram I, Dikshit R, Eser S, Mathers C, Rebelo M, et al . Cancer incidence and mortality worldwide: sources, methods and major patterns in GLOBOCAN 2012. Int J Cancer. 2015;136(5):E359-86.
3. Jedy-Agba E, Curado MP, Ogunbiyi O, Oga E, Fabowale T, Igbinoba F, et al. Cancer incidence in Nigeria: a report from population-based cancer registries. Cancer Epidemiol.
4. Mukherjee, M. Development and characterization of mouse models of human breast cancer. [Doctoral Dissertation]. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; 2008. Available from: Carolina Digital Repository, Malini Mukherjee - Thesis 7-18-2008.
5. Ferlay, J; Bray, F; Parkin, DM; Pisani, P. GLOBOCAN 2000: Cancer Incidence and Mortality Worldwide (IARC Cancer Bases No. 5). Lyon: IARC Press; 2001.
6. Bray F, McCarron P, Parkin DM. The changing global patterns of female breast cancer incidence and mortality. Breast Cancer Res. 2004;6(6):229-39.
7. Chintamani. The paradigm shifts in the management of breast cancer-have we finally arrived? Indian J Surg. 2013;75(6):419-23.
8. Smeltzer, SC; Bare, BG; Hinkle, JL. Brunner & Suddarth’s textbook of medical-surgical nursing. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams &Wilkins; 2010.
10. Vanguard News. One in every 25 Nigerian women dies of cancer – Expert [Internet]. 2013 [cited 2016 April 22]. Available from: www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/one-every-25-nigerian-women-dies-cancer-expert/
11. Shulman LN, Willett W, Sievers A, Knaul FM. Breast cancer in developing countries: opportunities for improved survival. J Oncol. 2010;2010:595167.
12. National Cancer Registry. Breast cancer incidence, mortality, treatment and survival in Ireland: 1994‐2009. Cork: National Cancer Registry; 2012, p. 5.
13. Singapore Cancer Registry. Interim Annual Report Trends in Cancer Incidence in Singapore 2010-2014. Singapore: Singapore National Registry of Disease Office (NRDO); 2015, p. 56.
14. Cancer Registry of Norway. Cancer in Norway 2012 - Cancer incidence, mortality, survival and prevalence in Norway. Oslo: Cancer Registry of Norway; 2014.
15. Pukkala E, Weiderpass E. Time trends in socio-economic differences in incidence rates of cancers of the breast and female genital organs (Finland, 1971-1995). Int J Cancer. 1999;81(1):56-61.
16. Morris, CR; Epstein, J; Nasserem K; Hofer, BM; Rico, J; Bates, JH, et al. Trends in Cancer Incidence, Mortality, Risk Factors, and Health Behaviours in California. Sacramento: California Department of Public Health, Cancer Surveillance Section; 2010, p.17.
17. Goodman MT, Cologne JB, Moriwaki H, Vaeth M, Mabuchi K. Risk factors for primary breast cancer in Japan: 8-year follow-up of atomic bomb survivors. Prev Med. 1997;26(1):144-53.
18. Sanderson M, Williams MA, Daling JR, Holt VL, Malone KE, Self SG, et al. Maternal factors and breast cancer risk among young women. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 1998;12(4):397-407.
20. Renehan AG, Tyson M, Egger M, Heller RF, Zwahlen M. Body-mass index and incidence of cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis of prospective observational studies. Lancet. 2008;371(9612):569-78.
21. Collaborative Group on Hormonal Factors in Breast Cancer. Breast cancer and hormone replacement therapy: collaborative reanalysis of data from 51 epidemiological studies of 52,705 women with breast cancer and 108,411 women without breast cancer. Collaborative Group on Hormonal Factors in Breast Cancer. Lancet. 1997;350(9084):1047-59, Erratum in: Lancet. 1997, 350:1484.
22. Moradi T, Adami HO, Ekbom A, Wedrén S, Terry P, Floderus B, et al. Physical activity and risk for breast cancer a prospective cohort study among Swedish twins. Int J Cancer. 2002;100(1):76-81.
23. Moradi T, Nyrén O, Zack M, Magnusson C, Persson I, Adami HO. Breast cancer risk and lifetime leisure-time and occupational physical activity (Sweden). Cancer Causes Control. 2000;11(6):523-31.
24. Ferlay J, Shin HR, Bray F, Forman D, Mathers CD, Parkin D. GLOBOCAN 2008, Cancer Incidence and Mortality Worldwide: IARC Cancer Base No.10 [Internet]. Lyon, France: International Agency for Research on Cancer. 2010; Accessed from: http://globocan.iarc.fr
(Accessed date: Apr 25, 2016).
. Gaudette LA, Silberberger C, Altmayer CA, Gao RN. Trends in breast cancer incidence and mortality. [Article in English, French] Health Rep. 1996;8(2):29-37(Eng); 31-40(Fre).
. Saika K, Sobue T. Epidemiology of breast cancer in Japan and the US. JMAJ. 2009; 52(1): 39-44.
27. Hirko KA, Soliman AS, Hablas A, Seifeldin IA, Ramadan M, Banerjee M, et al. Trends in Breast Cancer Incidence Rates by Age and Stage at Diagnosis in Gharbiah, Egypt, over 10 Years (1999-2008). J Cancer Epidemiol. 2013;2013:916394.
29. Beiki O, Hall P, Ekbom A, Moradi T. Breast cancer incidence and case fatality among 4.7 million women in relation to social and ethnic background: a population-based cohort study. Breast Cancer Res. 2012;14(1):R5.
30. American Cancer Society. Global Cancer Facts & Figures. Atlanta: American Cancer Society; 2011.p.1-52.